with Low Acid Balognese sauce.
From Hallmark Home and Family
2 Carrots shredded, 3 tbs Olive Oil divided, 1 Yellow Onion thinly sliced, 2 cloves Garlic minced, ¾ pound Ground Pork, ¾ pound 99% fat free Ground Turkey, 1 tsp Fresh Thyme, ⅛ tsp Freshly Ground Nutmeg, 1 28-oz can Whole Tomatoes, ⅛ tsp Baking Soda, Salt and Pepper to taste
Directions for Low-Acid Balognese Sauce
1. Heat oven to 400˚
2. Add shredded carrots to roasting pan, drizzle with 1 tbs olive oil, mix to incorporate. Roast carrots until browned, about 15 minutes.
3. Saute onion in stock pot over medium heat with remaining olive oil. Season with salt. Cook for ~10 minutes, or until onion is translucent and tender.
4. Add roasted carrots, stir to combine.
5. Add garlic and saute for 2-3 minutes, until garlic is fragrant.
6. Add pork and turkey, break up with a wooden spoon and cook until no longer pink on the outside.
7. Add thyme and nutmeg, stir to combine.
8. Add canned tomatoes, bring to brief boil, then drop down to simmer and cook for 45 minutes, mashing tomatoes with wooden spoon when soft.
9. Stir baking soda in, making sure it’s well combined.
10. Season with salt and pepper.
Ingredients for Spaghetti Squash
1 3-4-pound Spaghetti Squash, Olive Oil, Salt & Pepper to taste, Fresh Basil and Parmesan cheese, for garnish (if using)you can also use nutritional use instead.
Directions for Spaghetti Squash Balognese
1. Heat oven to 400˚, line baking sheet with parchment paper or foil.
2. Cut spaghetti squash in half, drizzle with oil, sprinkle with salt & pepper, then place face down on baking sheet.
3. Roast squash for 45 minutes, or until tender and easily shredded.
4. Shred squash with fork, scoop out onto plate and top with Bolognese.
5. Garnish with basil, and cheese & nutritional yeast (if using)